Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Go Me

I don't really post much about myself on here- it's pretty much all about the little man, but I did hit a milestone the other day I wanted to share.

I ran my first 5k post baby! I did it with a girlfriend of mine, and it was a run that benefited the local high school. We had a great time, and it was very fun to run with someone again. I really miss that, and I need to do it more. I always tell people it's better therapy than sitting on someone's couch. It does wonders for you! My time wasn't anything spectacular, but I'm not big on running fast anyway. 

It feels good to be back in the groove, and I'm about to go look up another 5k for us to run next month :)

And because this blog can't exist without a mention of little man... his latest trick is pretty cute. He doesn't say 'mama' yet, but if Trey says, "Give mama a hug." He leans over and puts his arms around my neck and gives me a real hug. The notorious Luke hug that's better than any hug out there. I think that's better than saying 'mama', don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you are taking the time to be Melanie again! And tell Luke to save some hugs for grandma and grandpa too!

    ReplyDelete