Thursday, June 7, 2012

New York, NY

My college roommates, Alicia and Jacki, decided to take a trip to New York to see Newsies which just opened on Broadway. I really didn't have any intention of going because that would mean Trey was left with Luke by himself. Although to my surprise, when I asked if I could go with them, he agreed I had earned a weekend away! I literally nursed Luke for the last time the day before I left. I decided New York was the perfect reason to let it go :) 
We had a wonderful time, and it was so nice to be gone with adults and no baby schedule to adhere to for two whole days. I would have had a a good time even if we'd done nothing, though, I was just glad to be able to sleep in a hotel room with no chance of a baby waking me up. 

We went to the 9/11 memorial park which was very neat. 



This is the "Survivor" tree. People are still leaving items at the bottom of its trunk.


We were taken by a hot dog stand guy. Good thing we have a great sense of humor.

We ate at a Belgian tavern.

Newsies was GREAT! I highly recommend the show. It was definitely worth it.

Shhhh... we took illegal pics in the theatre.




We ate at a very cool Victorian Bar called Lillie's. I had the best buffalo wings here.

 

We saw Million Dollar Quarter off-broadway which was really cool. I'm very glad we did the off-broadway thing.

We had after-show drinks and dessert.

We took a stroll through Bryant Park.

New York was warm that weekend, but we still had a great time walking around and just seeing the city. 


City Hall

Garden District

Air, Space, and Sea Museum on the Intrepid

I loved getting time to spend with the girls and be an adult without kids! It was a wonderful memorial day, and I have the BEST husband who took care of Luke all weekend so I could do that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment