Wednesday, April 9, 2014

And he keeps getting older...

I was fully anticipating twelve months. I prepared myself and was pretty ready when the day come. But then came 13 months. It completely snuck up on me. I told someone just two days ago- oh, he just turned a year. He did- a month ago! Now, we're moving past twelve months, on to 13, and it'll never stop. Sad.

But G is doing great things!
•He blows kisses now. It's very sweet. I love it.
•He's walking more. He'll go from person to person, but he won't get up on his own. We'll see- he doesn't seem to be in a huge hurry but he's making progress.
•We've been working on weaning. We're now down to nursing at bedtime and then when he gets up at 5 am. I went out of town by myself last weekend, so I thought maybe we'd be done after that, but that didn't happen. Oh well! He won't nurse forever, and I know that, so it's hard to stop.
•I haven't noticed any new words lately. He said 'door' one day. And he says 'habi' and I think it sounds like 'happy'.
•He still tends to eat whatever is in front of him. The other day, he tried eating with a fork! He was very cute as he concentrated so hard to stab the food and then get it to his mouth. He's been doing great with a spoon for the past month or so.
•G is pretty much truly in all 12 month clothes. His few pairs of 9 month pants are too short now.
•Overall, G still is very active and persistent, but a mostly happy little guy. He keeps me on my toes, but it's great! There is definitely no boring day, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

He sits for a pose.


Starts to get excited.


And launches himself at the camera...


No comments:

Post a Comment