Monday, August 29, 2011

My Day

This is a posterity post just for me to remember what life was like at this point. Read on if you're curious :)

Luke is now a little over 21 weeks old, and I feel I can finally say I've settled in to my new role and everyday life. It's not that every day is spectacular, but I'm not feeling lost in my own life.

I will say, it's kind of nice staying home with Luke. Of course, the best part is getting to see him every day, and I'm proud to say that I'm still breastfeeding him which may not have happened if I worked. In addition to those big things, life is not rush-rush-rush. If we need to be home all day because it's been a hectic weekend, so be it. Luke and I run the normal weekend errands during the weekday, so the weekend is free of tasks that "just have to be done". Trey and I get to spend time doing things with Luke we want to do instead of a bunch of time doing other things. Also, I've got a project list going in order to spruce our house up and make it more of what we would like it to be. Since we'll be in this house for probably 4 more years (which is one negative of not working- less money equals less savings), I've decided I need to embrace this house and make it what we want it to be. I'm learning to sew and pinterest has become a part of my daily life. I'm still working on a work out routine, but I know that once he reaches 6 months (which is the safe age to run with him in a jogger AND I feel better about putting him in the gym childcare) and it gets about 20 degrees cooler, we can head out for a jog or a walk at any point in the day. I can make that happen around his nap times which will make him much happier and me less worried I'm depriving him of his precious sleep.

My daily agenda looks something like this:
Wake up when Luke wakes up. But we go back to bed if it's before 7:15 (which is usually when Trey gets out of the shower).
Feed Luke
Play with Luke while drinking coffee and watching ABC morning news.
Watch Good Morning America (then Regis & Kelly, then The View, then maybe House Hunters but the TV is always off from at least noon - 3)
Put Luke down for nap #1.
Eat breakfast, start laundry, unload dishwasher, load dishwasher, etc.
Get Luke up, feed Luke
Play with Luke- run errand here if necessary or head to mall meet up or play date- this is usually the time we get out (at least for now because it's not yet 106 outside)
Put Luke down for nap #2- eat lunch, continue chores
Get Luke up, feed Luke, feed Luke his rice cereal
Play with Luke- usually at this time it's around 3 and we watch Project Runway reruns
Put Luke down for nap #3- internet surf (facebook, blog, pinterest, etc.), continue chores if necessary, start dinner
Get Luke up, feed Luke
Luke plays while I finish dinner
Trey comes home!!
We play with Luke, bathe him and put him to bed around 6:30/7
Trey and I eat dinner then spend the evening together.

So, that's my day in a nutshell (at least for now until something changes :))

It's a good life and it's my life!!



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you are able to write this down. You will look back on this later and realize that this is quality time! I always thought that having a baby was so rushed, but as the kids grew, I realized that it was precious time that I got to spend with them one-to-one. As they grow up you "do" so much more just taking them here and there and you miss those up-close and personal times. I'm glad that you are learning to embrace this part of your life. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite proud of you and how you and Trey have embraced parenthood. The fruits of your labors will be seen in bits and pieces, but not fully revealed until much later. Luke is a happy baby, and he is such a lucky one to have parents who see the value in honoring him and themselves. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete