Monday, November 28, 2011

Giving Thanks

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year, and I think Luke had a very successful 1st Thanksgiving.

Friday evening we took off to Alice at Luke's bedtime and drove through the night. We arrived at about 2 am, and we were able to get about 4 hours of sleep before the Luke-meister woke us up to begin the day. Luckily, we were able to sneak in naps thanks to being at the grandparents' house.

Playing blocks with Grandpa

Laughing while playing. Pretty cute, huh?

Hanging with Taylor
 We had a Thanksgiving meal out at the great-grandparents' house on Monday. Judith, Phil, and Taylor prepared a wonderful lunch for us. After the meal, we had a nice time baby-watching. How are they so entertaining for hours??
Having Thanksgiving lunch with Great-Grandma
Smiling at Great-Grandma



Hanging out together

Tuesday night at bedtime, we hit the road again to come back to Dallas. We got in a little earlier, 12:30, thanks to less traffic. Wednesday we picked up supplies for Thanksgiving dinner. Trey, John, and I cooked a simple dinner for my family. My mom was under the weather due to her heart ablasion procedure on Wednesday, so we decided to get something on the table for her. It wasn't as nice as she usually does, but it still tasted pretty good!


The Thanksgiving lunch we cooked.

Luke ate lunch with my dad.

We laid around and played together.

Luke was just the perfect age for his first thanksgiving. He got to partake in pretty much all of the food. I think sweet potato casserole and pumpkin pie were his favorites. Mashed potatoes would be a close runner up. He didn't quite know what to do with the turkey, but he held on to it in his mouth like a champ.

We ended our day by watching the Cowboys barely beat Miami and the Aggies barely lose to Texas.

We rounded out our Thanksgiving vacation by putting up the Christmas tree, playing yahtzee with my parents, and enjoying the first day of advent at the church.

It was a wonderful week full of joy. It makes me even more excited about Christmas!!

This year I have so much for which to be thankful. Most importantly my precious little family. Luke is the sweetest and best gift we've ever received. Even as he lay crying in his crib because he won't nap, I still wouldn't trade him for anything else.

And... I wouldn't have that gift without the best husband in the world. Trey has been the best, most supportive husband. I knew he was a keeper before, but after having Luke, it's set in stone :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the post! Okay Trey, I noticed that on the Moore's table were the traditional sweet pickles and black olives. Did you sneak alittle "Jackson" into that meal? Glad it was a great week for you guys!

    ReplyDelete