Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Halloween Costume

I've made it a goal to learn to sew, so I figured making Luke a halloween costume would be a great way to start. For one, there's a deadline. I actually could finish this project.


  
 This is what the costume will, hopefully, look like.

 
My trusty assistant doing what she does best- being in the way.

 I laid out the pattern to cut out the pieces I needed.

 I had to keep track of what I had cut out because the pattern packet also came with a skunk, elephant, and monkey patterns. Luckily, I think the lion is the easiest.

 Pinning the pieces onto the fabric. This takes a lot of patience and back strength. After leaning over to pin all these, I hurt.

 I cut the pieces out, and that's where I am. I have 40 days, well 39, to get this costume done.






4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'm (my mom sewing, I'm cutting) making Lily and Luke's costumes. We finished Luke's and now working on Lily's. Hopefully we will have Peter Pan and Tinkerbell finished soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! My mom made a lot of our costumes growing up. Homemade is definitely the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its so cool that you are sewing now. Lots of my best memories were sewing for the kids. Good luck1 I think it will be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luke will look SO cute as a lion. That is perfect.

    ReplyDelete