Friday, September 30, 2011

First Haircut

Luke had his first haircut last weekend. We decided to get it cut since his hair was getting really long (it grows insanely fast) and his baptism is next weekend, so we didn't want him to be a ragamuffin in front of the congregation. Now, though, I completely and totally regret this decision. My baby no longer looks like a baby, and he was much cuter with all of his hair. It makes me so sad. So, lesson learned. I will not be cutting any future child's hair this early. I will wait until absolutely necessary. Maybe I won't even cut their hair at all. I want his baby hair back.

But enough of my emotional anguish, he's still pretty cute and here are the pics to prove it.

 Last pic of baby Luke. We took him to Ladan who does my hair.
Notice the skeptical look he's dishing out.
He knew this would turn out bad.


 There goes the rat tail. I was pretty happy to see that go. It was unsightly.

 Grown up Luke.
Final product.
See? Even Luke is upset about us getting rid of all his hair.
He really was just ready for a nap, but I know he misses his hair, too!

All in all, Ladan did a good job. It's hard to cut the hair of a squirmy infant. But that hair won't see another pair of scissors for a long time! I can't take the heartache again any time soon!

1 comment:

  1. You know the nice thing about hair...it grows back! And he still looks like a very cute baby! You just need to realize that most babies are bald and have to grow hair over the first year. Luke just did it the opposite way! My grand son is always cute! If he takes after his grandpa Hank...he won't need another cut for at least a year or two. To reassure you...Hank got his hair cut this week also. They can be short hair twins!

    ReplyDelete