Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Baptism

 

Luke was baptized on October 9, 2011 at First United Methodist Church of Richardson by Dr. Oliphint.

It was a great day of celebration! All of his grandparents and aunt and uncles were there to support us, and it was a great day! I was excited for the day, not just because of the actual baptism, but because he got to wear his christening gown my mom made for him. Isn't she super talented?!? The fabric and lace came from her wedding dress and my mother-in-law's wedding dress. It's gorgeous and something that, hopefully, will be passed down to future generations. He did wear a dress, but he wore it well, and I think he looked wonderful in it! I'm so happy to have it. I'll always treasure it :)

Saturday night Trey cooked a delicious dinner for his family. We decided to get fancy and pull out the china. I mean, you need to use it, so why not with family? He outdid himself on the food, and he did it all himself. so proud :)

Sunday we all met for the service. Luke did great. He wasn't fussy at all during the baptism. I had to take him out of the sanctuary afterwards because he needed a bottle and didn't want it cold. The nursery workers were nice enough to heat it up from him. 


My friend, Amy, who I grew up with had her daughter baptized at the service after ours. We were able to get this pic in, and it's pretty cute!

 After church, we went to my parents' house for a Baptism Celebration lunch. There was also a small celebration for John and Hank's birthdays

It was very nice to have family here and spend time together. It had been a super stressful week, so I'm glad we could end it on such an uplifting note.









1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful time! Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete