Sunday, September 5, 2010

April 1st!



Last week I went for my second doctor's appointment. It was a great appointment. It made my day that the wait was 5 minutes! It always seems the doctor is running extremely late- I've waited 30 minutes before. Grrr... So, needless to say, I was in a great mood walking back knowing that I'd be back to work before my lunch was over.

The main point of the appointment, it turns out, was to try and find the baby's heartbeat. She warned me it could not happen because it was earlier than she liked, but we'd try anyway. It took about 5 seconds, and there it was! It was just a little thumping sound. It sounded beautiful. She estimated the heart rate to be at 160 which I'm assuming is fine because she didn't say otherwise. The other great piece of news is that we got our official due date. April 1st! I doubt the baby will actually come on this date, let's be realistic, but it's an easy one to remember. It was also the day Trey proposed, so it's kind of fun that it already has significance in our little family.

Just for those who want to know- as of last Friday I'm 10 weeks along. I've made it a quarter of the way there! It seems like an accomplishment, but then I think about how I have 30 weeks left. And then I remember how much farther I really have to go....

All in all, things are progressing smoothly. I'm lucky I haven't been puking like others I know, but I have definitely not been feeling well. I'm extremely tired like tired as in I'm going to die if I don't get in bed. I've noticed I'm moody at time which stinks because I hate being that girl, but I literally seem not be able to control what comes out of my mouth. I've said some things lately a little more harshly than I would otherwise have said it, so sorry new teacher I accidentally made cry the other day. It's not you, it's me.

Some days being pregnant feels great, and I'm super excited. Others, I just wish I could get back to my old self. I'm excited to move on from this stage and really feel pregnant and not just sick.

Here's a parting shot of Trey on his trip to Reno/ Tahoe. It's from a hike he did one day. That's why he has the hot/ sweaty look going on.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you started a blog! That's really cool that y'all got to hear the heart beat. See, Trey didn't tell me that, so the blog is already serving its purpose!

    P.S. So I heard y'all need to come up with a girl's name soon since my grandma has already declared that its a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it's already purposeful :) Boys are bad with details, so this will be good.

    Yes, grandma thinks it's a girl. I have a suspicion she may be right. I'm browsing the baby name apps, but suggestions are welcome!

    ReplyDelete