Sunday, September 26, 2010

First Trimester Down!

Yea! I passed the thirteen week mark this weekend which means I've made it through the 1st trimester. I'm finally feeling like me again- not like a sick, tired person whose had something take over my body. I still get tired if I overdo it, but it's not the same tired as before.

I didn't want to be that person who posted all of the belly pictures all of the time, but as I noticed changes, I kind of wanted to at least see what I looked like. I'd say I still look more 'too many donuts' than pregnant, but oh well, not much I can do at this point. Here's thirteen weeks-
Notice KC running to take part in the picture
This one is just because I thought it was funny. KC made it into the picture! I was laughing at her, and her desire not to be left out. Wonder what she'll do when the baby's actually here.

Not much else is happening at our house except for the fact that we've tried as much as possible to enjoy the cooler temperatures. I went for a nice, long walk today while Trey went for a run. We kept my parent's dog, Charlie, last night and today while they went out of town. Charlie went with me on my walk which was kind of fun. I enjoyed having a dog to walk, but since Charlie peed on our carpet first thing after being dropped off, I don't think we'll be getting our own dog any time soon.
This pretty much sums up Charlie's visit to our house:



Notice the following:
  • Charlie had to be on the blanket to be on the couch per Trey's orders.
  • He wouldn't stop licking things. His tongue has got to be tired.
  • KC staring passively at him like he was freakin' crazy. She had the paw cocked and ready just in case he got out of line.
Good times, good times.

2 comments:

  1. So exciting. Looking good. The house looks good as well. We really need to make a trip up there sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie,
    (Mary gave me the blog site).
    We are so excited for you! How exciting to have a great-niece/nephew coming into the family.
    I loved being pregnant once I got over the morning sickness. I love all the pics of your remodels and KC. I need to do something with my kitchen and I was thinking about brown for the cabinets. Love yours.
    Blessings during this time!

    ReplyDelete