Friday, March 18, 2011

38 Weeks: We're Ready and Counting




We're two weeks away from our due date! At this point, something could happen at any moment, but I'm not holding my breath. At our last doctor's appointment, she said things we're starting to move forward but there was no dilation and his head hasn't moved down yet. We got again tomorrow, so we'll see if there's more progress! The thing is there's no way to know, even today with all of our advanced medical care, so I've spent spring break making sure everything is ready just in case. If he doesn't choose to appear before his due date, then she said we would schedule for induction at 41 weeks which would make the latest day his birthday could be is April 8, 2011. At least I know that we'll either have a baby or he'll be on his way in less than three weeks!

A few updates:
  • I feel pretty good on a regular basis. The swelling is off and on and mostly still in my feet or ankles.
  • I'm starting to ache more and more. My pelvis is obviously bearing a lot more weight because it just aches most of the time.
  • He moves constantly. It's more usual for him to be moving than to be still.
  • I'm sleeping pretty good for the most part. Sometimes I just wake up and can't fall back to sleep. It's not usually due to being uncomfortable but by things running through my head constantly. There's a lot to think about right now!
  • For the last thing, the nursery is ready! I'm putting pictures in a separate blog post.
Just for fun:
Trey and our first baby. I'm not sure she's ready for the change!

No comments:

Post a Comment