Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Making of a Mobile



I never found a mobile I liked at any of the stores. They all seemed cheesy and over-priced to me. I started looking on etsy.com to see if there was one on there. I found some that were definitely not cheesy, but they were even more over-priced.

I found this one on etsy that I really liked and thought I could replicate.
Since Luke's nursery is alphabet and we already made the other book art, I thought it fit nicely in our theme.

So.. I took Luke on a quick trip to Half Price Books and purchased Curious George for $2.83.

I used the exacto knife to cut out all of the pages. Before doing this, Trey warned me to be careful since an exacto knife was the number one cause of their work place accidents. I told him I wasn't one of his employees.

The hot glue gun worked nicely to form the pages into tear drops. I then glued them together inside the cover.

Here's the view Luke will get from his crib. I think he'll like it.

The final product hung above his crib.

Sorry for the low light picture. I had to snap it during nap time.


It's not quite as pretty as the one on etsy, but I think I did a pretty good job. I mean, I did get it done over three naptimes and a shopping trip with a two month old. And I didn't pay $72.

2 comments: